MBTN is delighted to host a dinner with Tom Shropshire, Corporate Partner, Linklaters. This dinner is open to trainees and associates at in-house and private practice law firms, who want to learn how to survive and thrive in the corporate legal environment. As the competition for limited partnership slots grows, associates have to learn to grow their practices with partnership in mind from the minute they start work at a firm. The format of the dinner will be a Q&A and discussion with Tom, where he will be happy to talk through his career background, and give important tips and advice on building a successful career as a lawyer.
When & Where
Date – Thursday, 4th May
Time – 7pm to 9pm
Venue – Chiswell Street Dinning Rooms – 56 Chiswell St, London EC1Y 4SA
Why you should attend this dinner
- Find out what it takes to make partner as a diverse professional in a top city law firm
- Learn strategies and techniques to raise your profile and increase your relevance at your firm
- Get access to a top partner at one of the world’s most prestigious law firms
- Get better understanding of the Africa space in the corporate legal market, and learn how to position yourself for opportunities in this space
- Learn how to turn your expertise, skills, and network into business opportunities
- Position yourself to gain the support of powerful people and raise your profile in the city
- Enjoy a 3-course gourmet meal at an exclusive restaurant in the heart of the city of London
- Ask Tom any question about your career and development objectives
Tom is a Partner in the Corporate department of the global law firm, Linklaters LLP, and is also co-head of the firm’s Operational Intelligence Group. Tom has been based in London for nearly 20 years. Tom advises on M&A and equity capital markets transactions in the US, Europe and South Africa. Tom also regularly advises UK and global corporates on governance, sustainability, enterprise risk and regulatory change. From 2011-2014, Tom was a member of Linklaters’ Partnership Board. Tom is also the past-chair of Linklaters Global Corporate Responsibility Committee. Tom is currently a Trustee of Prostate Cancer UK and in 2016 was noted as one of the top ethnic minority executives in the UK and US. Tom is a UK and US citizen, a graduate of the University of Southern California, and obtained his Juris Doctor and Masters of Business Administration (Finance & International Business) from New York University.
- This dinner is only open to practicing lawyers at the trainee and associate level.
- Registering your interest does not guarantee you a place at this dinner. Places are limited, hence MBTN will be in touch only if we are able to offer you a place.